Tengboche Monastery Trekking
- Trip Duration11 Days
- Trip Grade Moderate to Strenuous
- Max. Altitude 3,850m
- Trip Type Trekking
- Accommodation Tea House
- Transport Fly in - Fly Out
- Awe-inspiring views of worldwide tallest mountains, which include Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse and Mount Ama Dablam
- Magnificent trek from the village of Sherpa region cradled beneath the Chomolungma i.e. Mother Goddess of Mountain Snows
- Visit to the renowned Tengboche Monastery
Tengboche Monastery trek directed towards the Everest region is obviously a famous trekking trip across the world. The trek takes you to the central region of Nepal Himalayas and thereby, gives you many awe-inspiring views of worldwide high mountains. The trek lets you to approach the tallest mountain peaks, which include Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse and Mount Ama Dablam.
Particularly, the Mount Everest, known as a legendary peak dwarfs various other mountain peaks in several ways, whether it is of legacy as mountaineering experience, self-esteem held by local Sherpa people and many more.
Thus, our team will set out on our magnificent trek from the village of Sherpa region cradled beneath the Chomolungma i.e. Mother Goddess of Mountain Snows to culminate the visit to thriving yet renowned Tengboche Monastery located at the heart of Khumbu. Here, you will get another exhilarating view of the triangular diamond summit of the Mount Everest and cirque of various breathtaking mountain peaks.
If this is not enough, you will get the opportunity to make the most from this trek with your visit to various Sherpa people, lively teahouses present at the trailside, visit to Tibetan monasteries, sipping homemade and aspects of Tibetan Buddhism, as influencing almost every aspect of the Sherpa life.
Expand AllCollapse All
On arrival in Kathmandu you are met by our representative who will transport you to your hotel in the heart of Kathmandu for the night.
After having breakfast enjoy a guide sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley. You will visit many Buddhist and Hindu temples which reflect the local culture and tradition of Nepalese society. In the evening you will return to the Hotel.
You have a scenic flight of 30 – 35 minutes to Lukla (2,800m) from Kathmandu. In Lukla you can see the airline office and numerous lodges. The trail from Lukla leads you to Chablung (2,700) and it descends steeply to the Tharo Kosi which is also known as Kusum Kangru Khola (river). Beyond the Tharo Kosi Bridge, the trail climbs to Ghat (2,590) and again climbs to Phadking. In Phadking you can climb to the gompa to see the view of the high peaks. O/N at Phadking.
From Phadking the trail follows the Dudh Koshi River and reaches Zamphuti. From here you can see excellent views of Thamserku peak. Then the trail climbs to Chomoa, the site of an agricultural project. From Chomoa, the trail again climbs to Monjo (2,840m) and enters the Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park (1,148sq km, established in 1976). Walking some distance up you will be at Jorsale (2,830m) and after a long climb where you have the view of Mt. Everest peeking over the ridge of Nuptse (7,879m) the trail reaches the street of Namche Bazaar. O/N at Namche Bazaar (3,420m).
After having breakfast take some sightseeing around Namche Bazaar. Then you can hike to the Everest View Hotel, the ideal place to overview some of the outstanding mountains such as Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Lhotse etc. You can walk around the Khumjung valley, Hillery School and Khunde Hospital and then return back to Namche. In the centre of Namche you can visit the mountaineering museum and visit the Sagarmata Pollution Control Committee (SPCC). In Namche Bazaar you can spend some time interacting with the fun-loving Sherpa and Rai people. In Namche above the police checkpost you will see Sagarmatha National Park headquarters and if you want to look at the visitor centre it is open from 8am to 4pm except Saturdays and holidays. O/N at Namche.
From Namche Bazaar the trail climbs up and down to Sanasa where the trail descends gradually to Teshinga and then it drops steeply to Phunki Thanga. Climbing two hours from Phunki Thanga you will reach Tengboche. Tengboche is a religious place for the Sherpa people and the entire Solukhumbu area. Here you will see the Tengboche Monastery which is one of the oldest monasteries in Nepal. O/N at Tengboche.
Ascending the trail towards Khumjung where once again you can see panoramic views. From here the trail descends to the eastern end of Khumjung village. Stay at Guest house - O/N at Khumjung.
Leaving Khumjung you trek back to Phadking. Stay at Guest house.
Got a question about this trip or doesn't suit you?
- Airport picks up and drops by private car/van/bus.
- Deluxe accommodation in Kathmandu-Kathmandu city Hotel or Hotel Thamel (on the arrival day and after the trekking).
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car/ Flight Ticket (LUK-KTM-LUK) / domestic airport Tax.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance show
- All our government taxes, vat, official expenses & service charges
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance.
- Food while you are in Kathmandu.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- Sweet things like chocolate.
- Hot shower during the trekking.
- Tips for the guide and porter.