Budget Everest Base Camp Trek 12 Days Cost for 2023,2024
Budget Everest Base Camp Trek is an incredible trekking option for travelers who want to trek the Everest Region in a tighter budget. Budget Everest Base Camp Trek Package, Cost, Itinerary lasts for about 12 days. Starting the Budget Everest Base Camp Trek from Kathmandu Airport with a beautiful scenic flight to Lukla, the journey to the Everest Base Camp continues. After the landing, you need to wear your trekking gear and other important accessories, and head towards Phakding.
Budget Everest Base Camp Trek is your ideal trek to explore the most captivating and exquisite views of the Khumbu Region. It is a Everest trek at low cost but of real best quality. This can be the best experience of your life. During the 12 days Budget Trek, you get to interact with the local Sherpa people. Trekking to Everest Base Camp is not only about walking and walking. You get to explore the flora and fauna of the Sagarmatha National Park which is a world heritage site in the Himalayas.
No matter how hard the Everest Base Camp Trek actually is, there are various amazing things that charge you up to explore and trek more. You get to see the big monasteries that are believed to have existed for a long time. Making things better, Budget Everest Base Camp Trek is your chance to take a picturesque memory with your friends. Seeing the highest peak of the world from a closer view is a dream of every traveler.
Imagine watching Everest closely. Well, your imagination meets reality. The Budget Everest Base Camp Trek Duration is of daily 7 hours i.e. You need to trek 7 hours each day. The Everest Budget Trek 12 Days is an ideal trek for the people who like adventure surprisingly at a tighter budget. So, Make every moment count and come to Nepal for a magnificent time.
Budget Everest Base Camp Trek during Spring Season
Spring is the best season to do the Everest base camp budget trek. The spring season in Nepal falls during the month of March-May. The weather is stable and temperature is moderate during the spring season. The average temperature in spring during daytime ranges from 15°C- 20°C. The breathtaking view of, mountains and beautiful rhododendron flowers on the trail will make your trip beautiful. Being the peak trekking season, the trekking trails and teahouses of the Everest region are overcrowded in spring.
Budget Everest Base Camp Trek during Monsoon season
The monsoon season is not appropriate for the Everest base camp budget trek. Trekkers might face risks on the monsoon season. The monsoon season in Nepal falls during the month of June-Aug. The temperature during this season ranges from 16°C-20°C. You will experience frequent and heavy rainfalls during this season which will make the trails muddy and slippery. The risks of landslides, avalanches and rockfalls also increases during this time of year. If you want to do the Budget Everest base camp trek in monsoon season you need to be prepared and have right gears as it will be a bit challenging.
Budget Everest Base Camp Trek during Autumn Season
Autumn is the perfect season to enjoy the Budget Everest base camp trek. The autumn season in Nepal falls during Sept-Nov. The average daytime temperatures range from 10°C to 20°C. The weather during this season is stable with the clear skies and warm days. The days are sunny and the morning and nights will be chilly. The visibility during this season is excellent. You will get the beautiful views of the breathtaking mountains throughout the trek. Trekkers will have the best trekking experience in this season.
Budget Everest Base Camp Trek during Winter Season
The winter season is the coldest time of the year. It is not much recommended to do the budget Everest base camp trek in the winter season. The winter season in Nepal falls during the months of (Dec-Feb). Due to the snowfalls and cold weather, it might be challenging to trek. trek. The temperature during the daytime drops to -10° to 20°C and the nights are even more cold. The trekking paths may get blocked by snows; the unclear weather may delay the flights which will make your trek less enjoyable.
Important notes for 12 days Budget Everest Base Camp Trek
- During the peak trekking seasons like spring (march-May) and autumn (Sept-Nov) the flights to the Everest region takes the departure from Ramechaap airport due to the overcrowded condition at the Kathmandu airport.
- Trekkers need to submit a copy of their passport at the booking stage, as we require this for domestic flight booking.
- Sometimes the flight can be delayed or canceled due to the sudden weather changes. So, Welcome Nepal Treks suggest you to build at least 3 nights contingency plan and not to book your international flights early as it will cause problems.
- We advise the trekkers to pack their bags lightly as Porters can carry about 20 kg only.
- The clothes should be packed according to the particular season.
- For the additional services like: laundry, water, hot showers, etc. you need to pay on your own.
- If you want to return back to Kathmandu from the Budget Everest base camp trek by helicopter, you will be charged with extra costs around 300$-500$.
Trip facts of Budget Everest Base Camp Trek
- The trek is located in the Sagarmatha National Park in Nepal. It starts from Lukla and takes you to the Everest Base Camp at an altitude of 5,364 meters.
- The Lukla airport also known as Tenzing Hillary airport is one of the most dangerous airports in the world.
- There are two Base Camps of Mount Everest. The South Base Camp is in Nepal at an altitude of 5,364 m and the North Base Camp is in Tibet, China, at an altitude of 5,150 m.
- Gorakshep is the highest human settlement in the world at an elevation of 5164m, near the Everest base camp.
- Kalapatthar (5,545m) is the highest point of the trek that offers excellent views of the Himalayas.
- You cannot see Mount Everest from the Everest base camp itself.
Arrival Day in Nepal for Everest Base Camp Budget Trek
If you book the 12 days Budget Everest base camp Trek Package with Welcome Nepal Treks, our team will be waiting for you at the airport on the day of your arrival. Our team will have your name plate and welcome you with Khaada (Shawl) and take you comfortably to the hotel on a private vehicle.
Training for the Everest base camp budget trek
You need to be physically as well as mentally fit for the Budget Everest base camp trek. The trekkers can train for the budget Everest base camp trek by doing cardiovascular exercises like: swimming, cycling, jogging, hiking before few weeks of the trek. You also need to be mentally prepared for your budget Everest trek. You need to understand and be aware of the challenges and the risks that you might face during the Everest base camp hiking. You should be mentally strong and develop a positive mindset.
Risks during the Everest base camp budget trek
1. Altitude sickness: Altitude sickness is a very common risk while doing the Everest base camp budget trek as you will be ascending to high altitudes. While ascending to the higher altitudes the oxygen level decreases which leads to the symptoms of Altitude Sickness. The symptoms of altitude sickness are: headache, fatigue, dizziness, difficulty sleeping, loss of appetite, and shortness of breath, etc.
2. Unpredictable weather conditions: The weather at the higher altitudes during the Budget Everest base camp trek is unpredictable. The weather can change unexpectedly with the heavy rainfalls, extremely cold weather, strong wind and heavy snow falls. Especially, during winter and monsoon seasons the weather is harsh on Everest base camp trek. The sudden weather changes and bad weather conditions may risk the trekker’s health.
3. Avalanches and landslides: The trekkers should be well aware of possibilities of natural disasters like: avalanches and landslides during the 12 days Budget Everest base camp hike. Due to unstable weather like heavy rainfall might cause landslides and heavy snowfalls might cause avalanches. This natural disaster may cause injuries to the trekkers.
4. Carelessness: The carelessness of the trekkers during the trek also causes the risks in the Budget Everest base camp trek. Carelessness or negligence can have serious consequences. Trekkers need to be aware of the risks and follow the guidelines and instructions during the trek.
Likewise, there are many other risks like: injuries, illness, insect bites, etc. that might appear while doing the Budget Everest base camp trek.
Solutions for the risks during the Budget Base Camp Trek
- Acclimatize properly
- Wear right clothes according to the weather
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid alcoholic beverages
- Stay positive
- Follow the instructions of the guide
- Be careful
ATM or Money Exchanges during Budget Everest Base Camp Trek
Access to ATMs or money exchanges along the Budget Everest Base Camp trek is very limited. ATMs can be found in Namche bazaar and Lukla. However, it is not recommended to rely on finding money exchange services during the Everest base camp trek. We recommend trekkers to exchange money in Kathmandu before the trek as there are many money exchange centers in Kathmandu. It’s essential to carry enough cash with you to cover your expenses throughout the trek.
Laundry during Everest Base Camp Budget Trek
During the Budget Everest base camp hiking you will rarely find the laundry services. There are few laundry services available in Lukla and Namche bazaar. For the laundry services they will take additional costs. After that you wouldn’t get laundry services at higher areas. However, you can buy hot water at teahouse lodges and wash your own clothes.
Private Everest Base Camp Budget Trek of 12 days
If you prefer to do the Budget Everest base camp trek alone, then you can book for the private short Everest base camp trek. The private trekking allows you to have more flexibility in terms of itinerary, pace, and the level of services. Welcome Nepal treks arranges private Everest base camp budget trek. We will customize your itinerary for the private Budget Everest base camp hike based on your preferences and help you design the trek that suits your personal needs.
Group Joining Budget Everest Base Camp Budget Trek
If you are alone and want to do the Budget Everest base camp trek with other trekkers then you can book the group joining Budget Everest base camp trek. Welcome Nepal treks will have fix departure dates and we will organize the group on our own. The Budget Everest base camp group join trekking package allows you to enjoy the walk and share your experiences with different trekkers from different countries.
Budget Everest Base Camp Trek booking and payment policies
When you confirmed the booking of the Budget Everest Base Camp Trek with Welcome Nepal Treks, we need 10% payment of the total cost in advance. You can also pay the total cost payment in advance. We accept booking deposits through Credit Cards (Master Card or Visa and many more). Bank/credit card service charge should be paid by the clients themselves at the time of deposit. You can also pay direct cash on hand. The price mentioned in the site is real. We don’t have any hidden charges. We also accept your last-minute booking. For more understanding you can go to our site and see the terms and conditions. If you do not understand any of our terms and conditions, feel free to ask us. Our team will help you to understand all the important information at the time of booking.
Benefits of doing Everest base Camp Budget Trek with Welcome Nepal Treks
- Free Pick up and drop from Airport-Hotel-Airport
- Arrangement of trekking permits for the Budget Everest base camp trek
- Arrangement of accommodation in teahouse lodges during the trek
- Professional, well trained and friendly trekking guide provided
- We arrange some necessary trekking equipment like sleeping bags, Down jackets, trekking pole, etc. if you haven’t brought your own.
- Our team organize the Everest budget trekking with full safety and security.
How much does it cost to do the Everest base camp budget trek in Nepal
Welcome Nepal Treks offers the best Budget Everest base camp trekking package at a very reasonable price. The cost of the Everest base camp budget trek package is around Rs. 1000$. We offer the best services and ensure our customer’s safety. The cost includes all the necessary services such as: accommodations in teahouse, trekking permits fees, transportation fees, and other services mentioned in the package.
Departure Day of Everest Base Camp Budget Trek
After finishing the Budget Everest base camp trek, we serve the farewell dinner to our clients at a typical Nepalese restaurant before the day of your departure. And on the day of the departure back to your country, the team of Welcome Nepal Treks will pick you up in a private vehicle from your hotel and drop you to the international airport and bid our last goodbyes.
Feedback after the 12 days Budget Everest Base Camp Trek
After finishing the budget Everest base campo trekking trip of 12 days, we would love to hear from you about how you enjoyed the trip and if there is anything we need to improve. We would love to receive any suggestions or feedback from the trek. You can also write your feedback and reviews about our company services and your trekking experience with us at the trip advisor. You can also learn the feedback and reviews of our company services written by many trekkers from different parts of the world.