Lower Mustang Trekking, Fixed Departure Date for 2024/2025
Lower Mustang region occupies various fringes of Tibetan plateau in the southern region and has two famous Himalayan mountain peaks named Dhaulagiri and Annapurna. Indeed, this is one of the rewarding and classic trekkers, which take you to the border of the most Mustang valley and kingdom of the earth and that too within limited timeframe and without ascending towards high altitude. Moreover, trekking across the Lower Mustang region lets you to experience adventure, while the trek area consists of astonishing variations in terms of altitude and ecological diversity to make the whole area overflowing with the beauty of the Mother Nature.
Other than this, Lower Mustang Trek allows you to experience trek across a large number of sacred valleys surrounded with enormous mountain peaks, while simultaneously, encounter people belonging to diversified ethnic backgrounds, all of whom have carved their lifestyles out from the barren plateaus and steep terraces areas for about thousands of years. If this is not enough, trekking across the mentioned Tibetan plateau or Himalayan region lets you to witness many breathtaking views of Poon Hill, experience the hot and natural springs present in Tatopani, while encounter Tibetan traders as you perform your trekking activities towards Muktinath, the famous pilgrimage center, where Hindus and Buddhists make their spiritual journeys alike.
In conclusion, we should say that Lower Mustang Trek would allow you to experience a rewarding and a fascinating trek in the entire Himalayan region.
Lower Mustang Trek highest elevation
The highest elevation of the Lower Mustang Trek in Nepal is Muktinath, which stands at an altitude of approximately 3,800 meters (12,467 feet) above sea level.
Lower Mustang Trek during Spring Season
Spring is one of the best seasons to undertake the trek to the lower Mustang. The spring in Nepal lasts from March-May. This season in lower mustang offers favorable weather conditions and clear views. The average temperatures in the Lower Mustang region during spring range from 10°C to 20°C in the daytime, and it can drop to around 0°C to 5°C at night. Especially for nature lovers, spring is the best time to do the lower mustang trek. As in spring, the trails will look mesmerizing covered with colorful flowers. The temperature during this season is moderate and the trails are at good conditions
Lower Mustang Trek during Monsoon season
Monsoon is not a bad season for the lower mustang trek. It doesn’t receive heavy rainfalls like other regions in Nepal. However, the flights might get delayed due to rainfall and unstable weather in other regions. The views are amazing and the days are warm. The average daytime temperature ranges from 13°C to 20°C while the temperature drops down from -3°C to 0°C at night. Overall, you can enjoy the Lower Mustang Trek in monsoon season as well.
Lower Mustang Trek during Autumn Season
Autumn is the best season to go for the lower Mustang Trek in Nepal. The average daytime temperature ranges from 15°to 25°C. The days are warm and the nights are little bit cold. During this season the skies are clear and the weather is stable. The views are crystal clear and the trekking trails are in good condition. The trekking trails and the teahouses are crowded during this season. You would also meet many other trekkers from different part of the world. The trekkers will have the best trekking experience in lower mustang during the autumn season.
Lower Mustang Trek during Winter Season
The winter is the least preferable season to do the Lower Mustang Trek in Nepal. It is the coldest time of the year. Due to the harsh weather conditions in winter season, it is quite challenging to trek. This season experiences extremely cold temperature in night that can drop to -10°C or even lower. this season brings heavy snowfall that covers the trails and might block the paths. Many teahouses and lodges in the Lower Mustang region may close due to the harsh weather. If you still want to do the 14 days Lower Mustang trek in winter season you should be well prepared with proper gears.
Important notes for 14 days Lower Mustang Trek
- Trekkers need to submit their passport copy at the booking stage.
- We suggest the trekkers not to book their international flight early as sometimes there might be flight delay or cancelation due to unpredictable weather conditions.
- The clothing for the lower mustang trek should be packed according to the particular season.
- We suggest trekkers to pack the bags lightly as the porters can carry about 15-20 kg only.
- Porters are not included in the package price. So, please ask us before the trek if you wish for a porter to carry your gears.
- It is better for the trekkers to carry extra local currency on the Lower mustang trekking trail to cover their additional expenses.
- For the additional services like: WIFI, hot showers, laundry, beverages, etc. You need to pay on your own.
- You should bring the travel insurance that includes the medical expenses and emergency helicopter evacuation.
Arrival Day of Lower Mustang Trek
If you book the 14 days Lower Mustang trek package with Welcome Nepal Treks, we will warmly welcome you and make sure to make your trip memorable. On the day of your arrival, our team representative will be waiting for you at the Tribhuvan International Airport. Our team representative will have your nameplate and warmly welcome you with Khaada (Shawl) and escort you to the hotel in a private vehicle. We offer a free airport pick-up and drop-off service.
Departure Day of Lower Mustang Trek
The trekkers will be served the farewell dinner by Welcome Nepal Treks at the typical Nepalese restaurant after finishing their Lower Mustang Trek of 14 days. And on the day of the departure back to your country, the team representative of Welcome Nepal Treks will pick you up from your hotel and drop you to the international airport at a private vehicle and bid our last goodbyes.
Benefits of doing Lower Mustang Trek with Welcome Nepal Treks
- We offer the trekking package at the reasonable price with high quality and best hospitality.
- Free Pick up and drop from Airport-Hotel-Airport.
- Arrangement of Trekking permits for the Upper Mustang Trek.
- Arrangement of accommodation in teahouse lodges during the trek.
- We arrange some necessary trekking equipment like sleeping bags, Down jackets, trekking pole, etc. if you haven’t brought your own.
- Professional, well trained and friendly trekking guide provided.
- Our team organize the Lower Mustang Trekking with full safety and security.