Everest Base Camp Short Trek 10 Days Cost for 2023, 2024
Everest Base Camp Short Trek- 10 Days is an affordable Everest Base Camp Trek option that allows you to check out the majestic mountain peaks of the Everest Region. Being one of the hardest trekking areas in Nepal, Everest Base Camp tests you to your level best. Also regarded as one of the costly regions to trek, Everest Region is a hard and expensive area for trek. Everest Base Camp Short Trek- 10 Days is the best trek for you to explore the Everest Region in a low cost with the best quality possible. You don’t need to worry about the costs, the only thing you need to worry about is your date to travel.
The Everest Base Camp Short Trek- 10 Days starts with a scenic picturesque flight from kathmandu to Lukla. The journey then takes forward to Phakding. A gradual uphill walk through Sherpa villages and alpine forests leads you to Namche Bazar which is the best thing about the Everest Base Camp Short Trek- 10 Days. Namche Bazar is the tourist hub of the Himalayas. However, you also get to visit various monasteries that are believed to have existed for a long time.
The view of Everest along with other snow-capped mountain peaks is something you will cherish forever in your memories. If you are someone who wants to trek Everest Base Camp at low cost spending less the 2 weeks, then Everest Base Camp Short Trek- 10 Days is the perfect choice among the Everest Base Camp Short Trek- 10 Days Packages. Invest your time with something closer with nature, and never regret not taking any chance.
Everest Base camp short trek during spring season
Spring is the best time to do the Everest base camp short trek in Nepal. The spring season in Nepal falls during the months of March-May. The temperature during the spring season is moderate. The average temperature in spring during daytime ranges from 15°C- 20°C. The spring season adds beauty to the Everest trekking trail with blooming of new colorful rhododendron flowers. You will be completely able to enjoy the Everest base camp short trek in the spring season.
Everest base camp short trek during monsoon season
The monsoon season in Nepal falls during the months of June-Aug. This season experiences frequent and heavy rainfalls. The temperature during this season ranges from 16°C-20°C. The rainfall makes the trekking trail slippery and muddy which makes the trek difficult. The risks of landslides, avalanches and rockfalls also increases during this time of year. Overall, the monsoon season is not the good time for the 10 days short Everest base camp trek.
Everest base camp short trek during autumn season
Autum is the perfect season to do the short Everest base camp trek. The autumn season in Nepal falls during the month of Sept-Nov. The average daytime temperatures range from 10°C to 20°C. The stable weather, moderate temperature and clear visibility in spring season makes the trekking experience better. The trekking trails and teahouses are overcrowded in this season.
Everest base camp short trek during winter season
The winter season is not much recommended for the short Everest base camp trek. The winter season in Nepal falls during Dec-Feb. trek. The temperature during the daytime drops to -10° to -20°C and the nights are even more cold. The heavy snowfalls during this season might block the trekking trails. Also, the cold temperature, cloudy sky, delays in fights and poor visibility might make your Everest trekking trip less enjoyable in the winter season.
History of Everest base camp
The first successful summit of Mount Everest was made by Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay. They started their ascent from a camp located near the Khumbu Icefall, which is now known as the Everest Base Camp. The Everest base camp became famous after the first successful summit. The Everest base camp started becoming the important starting point for the climbers. Over time, the facilities and infrastructure at the base camp improved to accommodate climbers, support staff, and researchers. The teahouses and lodges facilities increased on the Everest trekking trail. This led to a greater number of climbers and trekkers with the help of assistance of the sherpas and professional guides. Everest Base Camp remains a popular destination for climbers, trekkers, and adventure lovers who wish to experience the breathtaking beauty of the Himalayas and witness the iconic Mount Everest. Today, Everest Base Camp Trek is on top of every trekker’s list of ‘must do’ trekking routes.
Important notes for short Everest base camp
- During the peak trekking seasons like spring (march-May) and autumn (Sept-Nov) the flights to the Everest region takes the departure from Ramechaap airport due to the overcrowded condition at the Kathmandu airport.
- Trekkers need to submit a copy of their passport at the booking stage, as we require this for domestic flight booking.
- Sometimes the flight can be delayed or canceled due to the sudden weather changes. So, Welcome Nepal Treks suggest you to build at least 3 nights contingency plan and not to book your international flights early as it will cause problems.
- Remember to bring your travel insurance
- We advise the trekkers to pack their bags lightly as Porters can carry about 15- 20 kg only.
- The clothes should be packed according to the particular season.
- For the additional services like: laundry, water, hot showers, etc. you need to pay on your own.
- If you want to return back to Kathmandu from the Everest base camp trek by helicopter, you will be charged with extra costs around 300$-500$.
Trip facts about Short Everest base camp trek
- The trek is located in the Sagarmatha National Park in Nepal. It starts from Lukla and takes you to the Everest Base Camp at an altitude of 5,364 meters.
- The Lukla airport also known as Tenzing Hillary airport is one of the most dangerous airports in the world.
- There are two Base Camps of Mount Everest. The South Base Camp is in Nepal at an altitude of 5,364 m and the North Base Camp is in Tibet, China, at an altitude of 5,150 m.
- The best season for trekking to Everest Base Camp is Autumn (October to December) and Spring (March to May).
- Gorakshep is the highest human settlement in the world at an elevation of 5164m, near the Everest base camp.
- Kalapatthar (5,545m) is the highest point of the trek that offers excellent views of the Himalayas.
- You cannot see Mount Everest from the Everest base camp itself.
Arrival day in Nepal for short Everest base camp trek
If you book the 10 days Everest base camp Short Trek Package with Welcome Nepal Treks, our team will be waiting for you at the airport on the day of your arrival. Our team will have your name plate and warmly welcome you with Khaada (Shawl) and take you comfortably to the hotel on a private vehicle.
How do I plan for the Everest base camp short trek?
If you want to do the Everest base camp short trek, you need to know some necessary information related to the trek planning for the Everest base camp short trek is very easy. Here are some points you need to prepare before starting the Short Everest base camp trek:
- Get basic knowledge and information about the trek
- Choose the right time
- Proper physical fitness and training
- Check your health status
- Buy the right trekking gears and equipment
- Pack your bags lightly
- Arrange the travel insurance
How much does it cost to do the Everest base camp short trek of 10 days?
For the 10 days short Everest base camp trek, Welcome Nepal Treks offers the reasonable price. We offer this Short Everest trek package at USD $1000 with quality services. The cost includes all the transportation fees, accommodations on teahouses, permits fees during the trek and other services mentioned on the package.
Training for short Everest base camp hike
The Short Everest base camp trek is a moderately challenging trek. For this trek you need to be physically as well as mentally strong. You can train yourself by doing cardiovascular exercises like: swimming, cycling, jogging, hiking before few weeks of the trek. You should be mentally strong and develop a positive mindset. You need to understand and be aware of the challenges and the risks that you might face during the Everest base camp hiking.
ATM or Money exchanges services on the short Everest base camp trekking trail
The ATMs or money exchanges along the Short Everest Base Camp trek is very hard to find. ATMs can be found in Namche bazaar and Lukla. However, it is not recommended to rely on finding money exchange services during the Everest base camp short trek. We recommend trekkers to exchange money in Kathmandu before the trek as there are many money exchange centers in Kathmandu. It’s essential to carry enough cash with you to cover your expenses throughout the trek.
Laundry services during short Everest base camp trek
During the Short Everest base camp hiking you will rarely find the laundry services. There are few laundry services available in Lukla and Namche bazaar. For the laundry services they will take additional costs. After that you wouldn’t get laundry services at higher areas. You can buy hot water at teahouse lodges and wash your own clothes.
Group joining Everest base camp short trekking package
If you are alone and want to do the Short Everest base camp trek with other trekkers then you can book the group joining Everest base camp short trek. Welcome Nepal treks will have fix departure dates and we will organize the group on our own. The Short Everest base camp group join trekking package allows you to enjoy the walk and share your experiences with different trekkers from different countries.
Private Everest base camp short trekking package
If you prefer to do the short Everest base camp trek alone, then you can book for the private short Everest base camp trek. The private trekking allows you to have more flexibility in terms of itinerary, pace, and the level of services. Welcome Nepal treks arranges private Everest base camp short trek. We will customize your itinerary for the private short Everest hike based on your preferences and help you design the trek that suits your personal needs.
Benefits of doing the Everest base camp short trek with Welcome Nepal Treks
- We offer the trekking package at the reasonable price with high quality and best hospitality.
- Free Pick up and drop from Airport-Hotel-Airport
- Arrangement of Trekking permits for the Everest Base Camp Short Trek
- Arrangement of accommodation in teahouse lodges during the trek
- We arrange some necessary trekking equipment like sleeping bags, Down jackets, trekking pole, etc. if you haven’t brought your own.
- Professional, well trained and friendly trekking guide provided
- Our team organize the Everest base camp trekking with full safety and security.
Everest Base Camp Short Trek booking and payment policies
When you confirmed the booking of the Everest Base Camp Short Trek package with Welcome Nepal Treks, we need 10% down payment of the total cost in advance. You can also pay the total cost payment in advance. We accept booking deposits through Credit Cards (Master Card or Visa and many more). Bank/credit card service charge should be paid by the clients themselves at the time of deposit. You can also pay direct cash on hand. The price mentioned in the site is real. We don’t have any hidden charges. We also accept your last-minute booking. For more understanding you can go to our site and see the terms and conditions. If you do not understand any of our terms and conditions, feel free to ask us. Our team will help you to understand all the important information at the time of booking.
Departure Day of Short Everest Base Camp Trek
After finishing the Everest base camp short trek, we serve the farewell dinner to our clients at a typical Nepalese restaurant before the day of your departure. And on the day of the departure back to your country, the team of Welcome Nepal Treks will pick you up from your hotel and drop you to the international airport and bid our last goodbyes.
Feedback after Short trek to Everest base camp
After completing the short trek to Everest base camp of 10 days with Welcome Nepal Treks, we would love to hear your trekking experiences. We would love to about how you enjoyed the trip and if there is anything we need to improve. We would like to receive suggestions and feedback from you. You can write your feedback and reviews about our company services and your trekking experience with us at the trip advisor. You can also learn the feedback and reviews of our company services written by many trekkers from different parts of the world.