Damodar Kunda Mustang Trekking
- Trip Duration22 Days
- Trip Grade Moderate to Strenuous
- Max. Altitude 4,890m
- Trip Type Trekking
- Accommodation Camping
- Transport Fly in - Fly Out
- Includes superb panoramic views of the entire Annapurna mountain range
- Opportunity to pass through beautiful landscapes, lush and green valleys, while to view famous Tibetan monasteries
- Visit to Damodar Kunda lake and take a holy bath in it
- Excellent trek in the lap of Himalayan mountains
Damodar Kunda Mustang trek is one of the less frequent trekking routes and it belongs to the Annapurna Mustang region. The trek gives a large number of superb panoramic views of the entire Annapurna mountain range, beautiful landscapes, lush and green valleys and famous Tibetan monasteries. The holy lake of Mustang Damodar Kunda is in Damodar Himal and it flows in south direction via a rain shadow valley on the Annapurna Mountain Range’s eastern edge.
Damodar Kund is also present at the lap of Himalayan mountain ranges in the Upper Mustang region of Nepal. The Kunda has its own history. According to Barah Puran, Lord Krishna advised that individuals visiting the Kunda and takes deep yet sacred bath in it would become free from every sin. Even Damodar Kunda has its description in Puran according to which, two sons of wealthy Kuber were suffering from their sin and wrong deeds associated with their previous incarnations.
However, Lord Krisha suggested these sons to bath in the Kunda and surprisingly, after they took bath in the Kunda, they released from all of their wrong deeds/sin immediately. Damodar Kunda Mustang trek will thus follow in the lap of Himalayan Mountains and visiting to the holy Kunda during the trek journey.
Expand AllCollapse All
Got a question about this trip or doesn't suit you?
- All the ground transportation by private tourist vehicles.
- Ground transportation by tourist bus/car/van from Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu
- Domestic flights (Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara) and airport departure taxes
- Full board meal 3 times a day during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & diner)
- Hotel in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the itinerary with breakfast
- Comfortable private vehicle as per itinerary
- Professional tour guide on day trip in Kathmandu.
- Monuments entrance fees in Kathmandu city tour
- Government licensed English speaking Guide and Porters to carry your luggage during the trek (1 porter Between 2 Person basis), their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments, and medicine.
- All necessary paper work Permit & TIMS card (Trekker's information management system)
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance show
- All our government taxes, vat, official expenses & service charges
- International Flight, Airport tax and Nepal Visa fee
- Major meals in Cities (Kathmandu and Pokhara)
- All personal expenses such as bar bills, water, tea / coffee, snacks, shower, battery re-charge laundry charge etc.
- Personal clothing and gears, sleeping bag and Down jacket for trek
- Tipping (expected by guides and porters, but not mandatory)
- Cost raised by flight cancelation, emergency rescue charges, landslide, weather, political unrest, illness, re-routing etc which are not under our control